Out of stock
Probiotics for 50+ adults/seniors
Nine adult-specific bacteria at an appropriate strength designed specifically with a higher percentage and concentration of Bifidobacteria for a seniors healthy intestinal flora. Probiotics are the beneficial friendly bacteria that occur throughout the digestive tract. They are absolutely essential for proper digestion, strong immune function, and overall health. Seniors need a large quantity of beneficial bacteria and several varieties of Bifidobacteria for optimum bowel health.
These powerful therapeutic formula:
Guarantees twenty four billion viable organisms of beneficial bacteria* - that are absolutely essential for proper digestion, strong immune function and over-all health. (*at time of manufacture)
The specific strains used in Advanced Adults Blend have been specially chosen for their value to seniors health - and have been formulated to the viable count needed to fully support seniors needs.
What are Probiotics?
Probiotics are the beneficial, friendly bacteria that occur throughout the digestive tract. Poor eating habits, chlorinated drinking water, stress and disease and the use of antibiotics in food production as well as in medical treatments can wreak havoc in the gastrointestinal tract by destroying good bacteria and allowing undesirable bacteria to multiply.
Why do we need Probiotics?
When the ratio of good bacteria to bad is lowered, problems begin to arise such as excessive gas, bloating, intestinal toxicity, constipation and poor absorption of nutrients. Whilst it is true that non-beneficial bacteria are naturally occurring in the intestinal tract problems begin when their growth goes unchecked. Probiotics play an especially important role in keeping in check the pathogenic bacteria that cause disease. A healthy lower intestine should contain at least 85% friendly bacteria to prevent the over colonisation of disease causing micro organisms like E.coli and Salmonella.
Seniors generally need a large quantity of beneficial bacteria and several varieties of bifidobacteria for optimum bowel health. High concentrations of acidophilus in the absence of bifidobacteria may tend to cause constipation. This formula has been specifically designed with an emphasis on the particular bifido strains necessary for health and longevity in seniors.
This blend is also indicated for adults under the age of 65 who are experiencing lower bowel symptoms such as chronic diarrhoea and / or constipation, often indicators of more serious conditions. The specific strains used in Advanced Adults blend have been specially chosen for their value to lower bowel health and have been formulated to the appropriate viable count.
The Advanced Adult's Blend contains:
1. Lactobacillus casei: a bacteria commonly used for milk fermentation and has shown to be helpful in treating diarrhoea caused by antibiotics and viruses.
2. Lactobacillus rhamnosus: one of the most important probiotic strains for the health of the adult digestive tract from the mouth to the small intestine. Especially beneficial in inhibiting the bacteria involved in vaginal and urinary tract infections.
3. Lactobacillus plantarum: from vegetable origin and found in the intestinal tract it has beneficial anti-microbial activities.
4. Bifidobacterium bifidum: found primarily in the large intestine. As a producer of B vitamins it helps the body in the completion of its digestive process, specifically in the absorption of calcium, iron, magnesium and other vitamins and minerals.
5. Bifidobacterium breve: colonises the large intestine and is a producer of lactic and acetic acids that inhibit the growth of undesirable bacteria. It enhances immune responses against various pathogenic antigens and has been shown to repress the growth of ulcer-inducing bacteria.
6. Bifidobacterium longum: colonises in the intestinal tract, it breaks down bile salts, helps to synthesize B-complex vitamins and stimulates the immune system.
7. Lactobacillus acidophilus: one of the most prominent micro-organisms found in the small intestine. It produces lactic acid which inhibits yeast growth, as well as natural antibiotics which enhance immune functions.
8. Streptococcus thermophilus: a transient probiotic from dairy origin. Producing large quantities of lactic acid it limits the growth of unfriendly bacteria and helps in the prevention and treatment of diarrhoea.
9. Lactobacillus bulgaricus: a transient strain from dairy origin that carries important protective functions on its way through the intestinal tract.