Grenade BCAA 8:1:1 150 Capsules
Grenade® Essentials Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) are an 8:1:1 ratio. BCAAs refers to three amino acids: Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine, these amino acids are classified as essential and cannot be synthesised in the body. Grenade® BCAAs have additional Leucine added to create a potent 8:1:1 ratio. Leucine, often referred to as the primary Branched Chain Amino Acid, has been shown to activate mTOR pathways, which proceed to induce muscle protein synthesis .
1. Drummond MJ, Rasmussen BB. Leucine enriched nutrients and the regulation of mammalian target of rapamycin signalling and human skeletal muscle protein synthesis. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Met ab Care. 2008 May;11(3):222-6. doi: 10.1097/ MCO.0b013e3282fa17fb.
2. Crozier, S. J., Kimball, S.R., Emmert, S. W., Anthony, J. C., & Jefferson, L.S. (2005) Oral leucine administration stimulates protein synthesis in rat skeletal muscle. J. Nutr. 135: 376-382.
3. Koopman R, Wagenmakers AJ, Manders RJ, Zorenc AH, Senden JM, Gorselink M, Keizer HA, van Loon LJ. (2005) Combined ingestion of protein and free leucine with carbohydrate increases postexercise muscle protein synthesis in vivo in male subjects. Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 288(4): E645-653.
4. La Bounty, P., et al., The effects of oral BCAAs and leucine supplementation combined with an acute lower-body resistance exercise on mTOR and 4E-BP1 activation in humans: preliminary findings. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 5(Suppl 1):P21, 2008.
5. Tipton, K. D., et al. Postexercise net protein synthesis in human muscle from orally administered amino acids. Am J Physiol. 1999 Apr;276(4 Pt 1):E628-34.
6. Doi M, et al (2005). Isoleucine, a blood glucose-lowering amino acid, increases glucose uptake in rat skeletal muscle in the absence of increases in AMP-activated protein kinase activity. Journal of Nutrition. Sep;135(9):2103-8.
7. Taylor WM, Halperin ML. Effect of valine on the control of fatty acid synthesis in white adipose tissue of the rat. Can J Biochem. 1975 Oct;53(10):1054-60
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans. Gluten, wheat, GMO free