Out of stock
A powerful therapeutic formula of eight specific strains of friendly bacteria. Specially formulated for rectifying serious flora imbalance or disruption. Probiotics are the beneficial friendly bacteria that occur throughout the digestive tract. They are absolutely essential for proper digestion, strong immune function, and overall health. New research is establishing how important the supplementation of probiotics can be for a variety of degenerative conditions.
These powerful practitioner strength probiotics:
Guarantee thirty billion viable organisms of beneficial bacteria* - that are absolutely essential for proper digestion, strong immune function and over-all health. (*at time of manufacture)
Are formulated to address yeast imbalance & leaky gut syndrome - the specific strains used in Super 8 have been specially chosen for their value to upper bowel health and have been formulated to the appropriate viable count.
Are ideal for travel - refrigeration ensures maximum potency and stability. Super 8s can be left unrefrigerated for short periods of time, making them convenient for holidays or business travel, especially important when travelling to foreign countries to support your beneficial microflora and helping to combat foreign micro-organisms that may be in the food and water.
What are Probiotics?
Probiotics are the beneficial, friendly bacteria that occur throughout the digestive tract. Poor eating habits, chlorinated drinking water, stress and disease and the use of antibiotics in food production as well as in medical treatments can wreak havoc in the gastrointestinal tract by destroying good bacteria and allowing undesirable bacteria to multiply.
Why do we need Probiotics?
When the ratio of good bacteria to bad is lowered, problems begin to arise such as excessive gas, bloating, intestinal toxicity, constipation and poor absorption of nutrients. Whilst it is true that non-beneficial bacteria are naturally occurring in the intestinal tract problems begin when their growth goes unchecked. Probiotics play an especially important role in keeping in check the pathogenic bacteria that cause disease. A healthy lower intestine should contain at least 85% friendly bacteria to prevent the over colonisation of disease causing micro organisms like E.coli and Salmonella.
The Super 8:
1. Lactobacillus acidophilus: one of the most prominent microorganisms found in the small intestine. It produces lactic acid which inhibits yeast growth as well as natural antibiotics which enhance immune functions.
2. Lactobacillus rhamnosus: one of the most important probiotic strains for the health of the adult digestive tract from the mouth to the small intestine. Especially beneficial in inhibiting the bacteria involved in vaginal and urinary tract infections.
3. Streptococcus thermophilus: a transient probiotic from dairy origin. Producing large quantities of lactic acid, it limits the growth of unfriendly bacteria and helps in the prevention and treatment of diarrhoea.
4. Lactobacillus plantarum: from vegetable origin and found in the intestinal tract it has beneficial anti-microbial activities.
5. Bifidobacterium bifidum: found primarily in the large intestine. As a producer of B vitamins it helps the body in the completion of its digestive process, specifically in the absorption of calcium, iron, magnesium and other vitamins and minerals.
6. Bifidobacterium longum: colonises in the intestinal tract, it breaks down bile salts, helps to synthesize B-complex vitamins and stimulates the immune system.
7. Lactobacillus bulgaricus: a transient strain from dairy origin that carries important protective functions on its way through the intestinal tract.
8. Lactobacillus salivarius: found in the mouth and in the small intestine and has been shown to reduce bleeding gums, tooth decay, bad breath and oral thrush.